Johyama park in Omigawa
place : Omigawa, Katori City
The castle of the local ruling family "Aibara-shi" was built at the Heian era.
A part of the castle still remains, and there is an ancient old tomb group, too.
It is a park now, about 6000 various trees are planted, and kinds of flowers and trees are seen in all seasons.
In the park, there are play equipments, and is "the Sei-fu-sou" built in the style of a tea-ceremony house, too.
The plus information
The nearby sights
- Yoshibumi ruins of midden
- the monument of Matsumoto Koshiro the first(Zenkouji-temple)
- Atamadai ruins of midden
- Museum of shellfish-purple
The sights a little way off
- Historic street of Sawara(National landscape conservation area)
- Memorial hall of Inoh Tadataka
- historic house of Inoh Tadataka
- The museum of festival float in Sawara
- The Katori Shrine
- Johyama park in Omigawa
- 4780-1, Omigawa, Katori City
- [admission] fee
- Free parking for 1000 standard-sized cars
By train : Getting off at Omigawa Station, JR Narita-line. And 10 minutes by Taxi 10
By car : Higashi Kanto Expressway 30 minutes from Sawara-Katori exit
- Katori City city office of Omigawa Tel. 0478-50-1212