Carp streamer hoisting : April 24th - May 6th
Main event : May 3, 2009 [May 4 in case of rain]
About 200 carp streamers swim calmly in the sky.
You can look at the carp from here and there.
The event is held on May 3 in Golden Week.
The water stroll it goes under the carp streamer by the boat is popular. And there are outdoor stalls and flea market, concert on lawn, etc. It crowds with families all day.
The plus information
The nearby sights
The sights a little way off
- Historic street of Sawara(National landscape conservation area)
- Memorial hall of Inoh Tadataka
- historic house of Inoh Tadataka
- The museum of festival float in Sawara
- The Katori Shrine
- Yamada The festival of carp streamers
- Katori City
By train : Getting off at Omigawa Station, Chiba-kotsuu bus for Asahi station, getting off at "Tabe souko mae." And 15 minutes on foot.
By car : Higashi Kanto Expressway 30 minutes from Taiei exit, or 25 minutes from Sawara-Katori exit.
- Free parking 200 cars
- Katori City office of Yamada tel.0478-78-1051