The 12 faces Kagura in Sakainomiya
place : Sakainomiya shrine
Period : Schedule on about Sunday, March 22, 2009
Time : about 12:00-17:00
This Kagura [Shinto music and dance] is a festival to pray for the good harvest that have been continued since the middle of Edo period.
It is written "1799" on the oldest mask.
It was revived in 1968 by the young volunteers in the district, though it had been broken off for the decrease of the successors.
12 acts are performed.
The plus information
The nearby sights
- the monument of Matsumoto Koshiro the first(Zenkouji-temple)
- Johyama park in Omigawa
- Yoshibumi ruins of midden
- Atamadai ruins of midden
- Museum of shellfish-purple
The sights a little way off
- Historic street of Sawara(National landscape conservation area)
- Memorial hall of Inoh Tadataka
- historic house of Inoh Tadataka
- The museum of festival float in Sawara
- The Katori Shrine
- the 12 faces Kagura in Sakainomiya
By train : Getting off at Omigawa Station, JR Narita-line. And 10 minutes on foot
By car : Higashi Kanto Expressway 10 minutes from Sawara-Katori exit
- Omigawa Sightseeing Association; Tel.0478-82-1111