Illumination of river Kurobe
place : river Kurobe Omigawa, Katori City
Period : Saturday, July19 - August 15(Sunday), 2008
Lighting Time : 19:00 - 22:00
About 800 lanterns on which children wrote their wishes light in the Kurobe river.
The lighting ceremony is held at the first day.
It is the middle day of Omigawa Gion Festival, the festival floats are presented around the bridge.
In addition, music bands and dance performances etc. are done here and there.
The lanterns on the river are lit at 7:00 PM.
The plus information
The nearby sights
- the monument of Matsumoto Koshiro the first(Zenkouji-temple)
- Johyama park in Omigawa
- Yoshibumi ruins of midden
- Atamadai ruins of midden
- Museum of shellfish-purple
The sights a little way off
- Historic street of Sawara(National landscape conservation area)
- Memorial hall of Inoh Tadataka
- historic house of Inoh Tadataka
- The museum of festival float in Sawara
- The Katori Shrine
- Illumination of river Kurobe
- river Kurobe in Omigawa, Katori City
By train : Getting off at Omigawa Station, JR Narita-line. And 5 minutes on foot
By car : Higashi Kanto Expressway 20 minutes from Sawara-Katori exit