Omigawa Gion Festival
place : Omigawa, Katori City
Period : The end of July
Time : All day
The Town was prosperous as port of water transportation.
This is the Festival of Suga Shrine that culture in Edo period is felt.The portable shrine parades at the first day.
The float of each town parades the town inside on the second day and the third day.
The Illumination of river Kurobe lighting ceremony is held.
The plus information
The nearby sights
- the monument of Matsumoto Koshiro the first(Zenkouji-temple)
- Johyama park in Omigawa
- Yoshibumi ruins of midden
- Atamadai ruins of midden
- Museum of shellfish-purple
The sights a little way off
- Historic street of Sawara(National landscape conservation area)
- Memorial hall of Inoh Tadataka
- historic house of Inoh Tadataka
- The museum of festival float in Sawara
- The Katori Shrine
- Omigawa Gion Festival
- The end of July
- Surrounding of Suga Shrine, Omigawa, Katori City
- All day
By train : Getting off at Omigawa Station, JR Narita-line. And 30 minutes on foot
By car : Higashi Kanto Expressway, 20 minutes from Sawara-Katori exit
- Free parking: 20 standard-sized cars
- Katori City city office of Omigawa